Jay Santos Pro Modified Crash June 11th Cayuga

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-14-2011, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2011 01:20 PM by derauw.)
Here is Jay Santos crash from this past weekend at Cayuga Dragway Park
Thank God Jay is alright. I was taking chute pictures and this happened right in front of me. I believe this crash was caused by Jay having a late chute and it tossed him around in the lane. Enjoy the pictures. Dave

Here are more pictures

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2011, 04:29 AM
RE: Jay Santos Pro Modified Crash June 11th Cayuga
(06-14-2011 09:59 PM)derauw Wrote:  Here is Jay Santos crash from this past weekend at Cayuga Drayway Park
Thank God Jay is alright. I was taking chute pictures and this happened right in front of me. I believe this crash was caused by Jay having a late chute and it tossed him around in the lane. Enjoy the pictures. Dave

Here are more pictures

Glad he was able to walk away from that!
06-15-2011, 06:27 AM
(06-15-2011 04:29 AM)Tony Wrote:  
(06-14-2011 09:59 PM)derauw Wrote:  Here is Jay Santos crash from this past weekend at Cayuga Drayway Park

Here are more pictures

Glad he was able to walk away from that!

Great shots as usual. I have to remark, that if it had been the pre track upgrades, Jay would have been in the old Duck Pond!!!
06-15-2011, 01:29 PM
And the car does't look that bad. Frank Kunkel
06-15-2011, 01:38 PM
No not at all, I talked to jay right after this happened, and the car is loaded and on its way back to get fixed at GForce Racing cars, Jay also said he was hoping the car would be fixed by July 1st weekend for the next race at Cayuga.
06-15-2011, 05:49 PM
That's to bad that happened,hate to see cars damaged like that. I also heard Mike Wagg had a run in with the wall last weekend as well. I talked with him today and he said his back is a little sore but otherwise the car is in the shop being repaired now.
06-16-2011, 03:27 PM
It's hard to have sympathy for someone with little or no experience yet enough money to buy their way in.

A system of graduated licensing is both necessary and needed.

We are way too lax in licensing procedures, endangering both the driver and the opponent in the other lane.

FJ
06-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Fred,

I am in no way anything close to being a racer, but I thought that same thing when this happened. I totally agree with some program that should be in place when these types of speeds are attained by guys with deep pockets and no experience!

Joe Barrett
06-18-2011, 12:56 AM
One of the above pictures shows how close the car behind really was.I didnt really look at it close. Sand trap should have been the obvious & likely less damaging choice especially when you dont know where the car behind you is. The license issue???????. There is no answer with the current guidelines but there is a thing called suspension. About one second sooner on chutes & there likely would have been two cars wrecked in the out of control skid.